Build Failure on Cygwin Windows

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:21:52 PDT 2012

On 12 April 2012 13:38, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 12:57 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> rumor has it that putting the source in Cygwin home has never ever
>> worked, but i have no idea why.

Heh, so I may be the first person in the world who have done that ? :-)

> The conversion from unix-style /cygdrive/c/paths to /c/paths when
> handing the paths to native tools does a simple search and replace. Any
> cygwin paths which don't conform to /cygdrive/X are all horribly mangled
> by the to and from process, so /home and /tmp don't work :-(

Indeed, the problem was with substrings, see comments in:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8fd5ba3749aa740b3c060db775b42f15a5ce50a7
The problem should be solved for $(SRCDIR), I am not sure how we use /tmp.

Anyway with this patch I was able to build in /home, install and also
write some text in Draw.
Hopefully it will work also for others (for all ?).

Could someone, please, try ?
I think we could remove new warning from
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies

Best,
Matus