[REVIEW] extraordinary stoc/ thrash ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Apr 13 06:03:33 PDT 2012

Hi there,

	I lost your mail with the rather nice re-write you're working on there,
but I attach a simple hack I've been working on instead.

	The basic idea is to push the iteration over directories down into the
stoc/ code instead of having it in the cppuhelper code. That lets us
re-use the same representation avoiding the nesting[1]. I guess it is
the moral equivalent of concatenating the .rdb files in a given
directory.

	I split my services.rdb into three equally sized pieces to test it, and
it appears to continue to work, and I get a substantially faster warm
start to match. Debug-enabled patch attached, I'll clean up and push to
master unless someone screams as a stop-gap primarily intended for
3.5.next :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.

[1] - the nesting being something I still don't understand the purpose
of ;-)