[REVIEW:3-5] handle new file lists in distro-install-file-lists

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Fri Apr 13 08:51:31 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 05:51:44PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > I don't think this is %config.
> > Or at least *if* it's config it should be in /etc. I have it in /var.
> > But 100% not in /usr :-)
>
> How do you move this file to /var? Is it a hack or a clean solution?
> The LO installation is far from FHS-compliant. I do not want to maintain
> hacks to make it happy. I use them only if really necessary, for example
> to safe space using noarch packages. Otherwise, I think that there are
> other problems that are more painful for users :-)

hack :)

        # move javasettingsunopkginstall.xml to /var/lib
        mkdir -p $(PKGDIR)-common/$(shell echo $(OODIR) | sed -e s/usr/var/)/share/config
        mv $(PKGDIR)-common/$(OODIR)/share/config/javasettingsunopkginstall.xml \
                $(PKGDIR)-common/$(shell echo $(OODIR) | sed -e s/usr/var/)/share/config/javasettingsunopkginstall.xml
        ln -s /$(shell echo $(OODIR) | sed -e s/usr/var/)/share/config/javasettingsunopkginstall.xml \
                $(PKGDIR)-common/$(OODIR)/share/config/javasettingsunopkginstall.xml

Regards,

Rene