per library debug builds now possible via ./configure

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 16 08:30:34 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 01:50:00PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Is it possible to do the build also the other way around, i.e. e.g. "all but
> sc"?
Not yet, feel free to add it if you think it is essential.

> If I work on something, I generally want to have also all its
> dependencies built with debug (does it even make sense to build it
> otherwise?),

yes, it does. If you are in sw there are a lot of thinks that can be solved
just in sw. If not, you recompile those libs.

> and if I understand the change correctly, I'd have to manually
> find out what all the dependencies actually are. Given that sc/sd/sw are the
> biggest three, it probably even makes the biggest difference to disable the
> two that one does not work on.

 ALLBUTSCSW=`find . -name "Library*.mk"| sed -e 's/^.*Library_//' -e 's/.mk$//'|grep -v sc |grep -v sw` && ./autogen.sh --enable-debug="$ALLBUTSCSW"

should be enough.

Best,

Bjoern