[patch] [fdo#42986] Presentations in Wide-screen

Ivan Timofeev timofeev.i.s at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:26:17 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,

thanks a lot, great work! :)

Just one detail: if you add smth to 'static const int PaperIndex'
(print.cxx), I suppose you also have to add it to RID_STR_PAPERNAMES
(print.src):

OSL_ENSURE( sal_uInt32(SAL_N_ELEMENTS(PaperIndex)) ==
aPaperStrings.Count(), "localized paper name count wrong" );

But hmmm... Where we will see the effect?

$ git grep GetPaperName
editeng/source/items/paperinf.cxx:    return String(
Printer::GetPaperName( ePaper ) );
[some garbage...]
vcl/source/gdi/print.cxx:    return (ePaper != PAPER_USER ||
i_bPaperUser ) ? GetPaperName( ePaper ) : rtl::OUString();
vcl/source/window/printdlg.cxx:
aPrt->GetPaperName( false ),

The first occurrence in editeng is a mysterious wrapper, used in Writer
(Insert -> Envelope... -> Format). The last occurrence is the print
dialog code, we see a paper name in parentheses above the print preview.

I wonder why the 'Screen' entry is there. Is it a standardized page
format name? ( *whisper* yeah, I'd like to remove it... :)

Regards,
Ivan