cookies ucb interaction handler ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 23:35:19 PDT 2012

On 04/17/2012 04:45 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	It seems that the ucb has this: 'HandleCookiesRequest' UNO struct used
> by the InteractionHandler.
>
> 	This then creates some chunk of code, which can create an awful dialog
> showing an image: icon-themes/galaxy/res/cookie.png
>
> 	I guess this dates back to the 'browser' days of LibreOffice; and since
> apparently no-one uses it, it'd be a reasonable easy-hack to expunge
> that stuff completely from uui/source/*cookie*
>
> 	Or did I miss something ? has anyone ever seen that dialog ? ;-)

Sure did I see that dialog.  :)  It's what all the fuzz was about back
in the day...  And yes, it even required an oversized cookie pic to
(not) scare people off even more.

You are right, as apparently there is no use of
com.sun.star.ucb.HandleCookiesRequest across the code base, it shouldn't
hurt much to remove UUIInteractionHelper::handleCookiesRequest for good
(and mention this in the documentation of
com.sun.star.task.InteractionHandler, and probably deprecate the
cookie-related stuff in com.sun.star.ucb).

Stephan