[ANDROID-UI-PATCH] [REJECTED] Empty Junity android project

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:22:05 PDT 2012

On 4/19/12 10:02 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> I don't think it makes much sense to add such an *empty* unit test
> project, which I assume was basically just created by clicking an
> "create unit test project" (or whatever the wording might be) button
> in Eclipse?
>
> Let's get back to it when 1) there is something it would test, and 2)
> it can actually be run automatically as a part of the build, as our
> current unit tests. Can your "UI" thing be built programmatically?
>
> When we eventually have some real Android Java-based stuff to build,
> we obviously want to build it as part of a normal make (that targets
> Android). Presumably that means such code would need to be built using
> Ant, not Eclipse. (Although presumably one can easily start the build
> of an Ant project in Eclipse, too?) My
> android/experimental/DocumentLoader thing is not built as part of a
> make, but it does use Ant to build, I have not used Eclipse with it at
> all.
>
> --tml
What my plan was for including and creating the Unit test project, was
to be able to do the development of the file explorer concept which is
as follows:

You wanted me to create something where users can read files. I was
going to do that, and take it up a level. I was going to have it search
the memory card for instance and list all files that have formats that
are supported by LO for reading.

For the above are there any tests that one could create where the junit
project would come in handy?