distro-configs files, autogen.sh options, defaults etc

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:31:03 PDT 2012

2012/4/24 Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com>:

> In theory yes, in practice you will risk an endless bikeshedding fight over
> some enable/disable switch defaults. Having these .conf files might help a bit
> there.

To avoid bikeshed here we could do automagic approach.

All switches are by default on enable state and we check for the deps.
If the damn deps are not present on the system we switch the feature
off.
If user explicitely wants something he can pass --enable-something to
have configure fail if the dep is not around.

Tom