[PUSHED][3-5] Re: [REVIEW-3-5 3-5-3] default to Office 2007/2010 filters for export to ooxml

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 04:38:09 PDT 2012

On 24/04/12 12:14, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hey,
>
> [1] changes the order of our export filters so that by default the
> Office 2007/2010 export filters will be used for xlsx, docx and pptx
> export. Office 2007 can't deal with standard conform ooxml documents
> so we should not default to them when exporting. This is a regression
> in 3-5 related to some reordering of the filters between 3-4 and 3-5.

so "Office 2007" and "Open XML" actually do different things? i have
always wondered why the heck we have 2 of these but forgot to ask...

i'd say that since evidently there is no relevant software that we need
to interoperate with that actually conforms with the "Open XML"
standard, our filter for it is a proof of concept that is mainly of
academic interest and agree that we should de-emphasize it in favor of
actual interoperability with whatever actual Microsoft Office products
produce and consume.

> The patch should be safe and will only change the position in the
> dialog and the order for the TypeDetection during export.
> [1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f3d7d6ece96d74e55dc92babfd12812dfe1a4793

pushed to libreoffice-3-5.