Base: Slow search in form

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Tue Apr 24 07:26:09 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 13:51 +0100, Mark Stanton wrote:
> > We have seen that if you do a search over a form in base, the speed of
> > the search in the form goes very slow in the second search once you have
> > reached the last register of the table.
> >
> > We have a Base with HSQL.
>

> Hi Egon,
>
> Just to be clear, do you have a link to an external HSQLDB database?

Wouldn't matter it is still slow. (Though it has improved of late)

Egon - you really want to use filters where you can versus searches.

For the most part anything you can do with a search you can do with
'filter by form' or the standard filter.

Granted though, there are some cases where search is just the only thing
you can do, but not that often really.

//drew