Weird build error on 3.5 l10ntools

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Apr 26 08:27:02 PDT 2012

On Thursday 26 of April 2012, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Some users in Gentoo are reporting weird issue in l10ntools when using
> gcc-4.4.
>
> Please see the attached log for the issue.
>
> Any idea how to resolve it?

../inc/tagtest.hxx:68: note: candidates are: TokenInfo&
TokenInfo::operator=(TokenInfo&)

 Assuming that gcc is not just lazy to report the signature properly, this is
wrong, there is const missing in the argument, and that's most probably
causing the problem. But I do not see any such operator there in the source,
so it looks like the autogenerated operator is wrong, i.e. compiler bug.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz