Need Writer Painting Advice

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 04:20:38 PDT 2012

On 27/04/12 12:56, Andrew Higginson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to draw something like the file attached.
>
> It will be a box that apears when a user goes full screen (basically to
> say, you are in full screen mode, press KEY to go back)
>
> I need it to be drawn 'above' any pages, so that when the user scrolls,
> it stays in the same
> place (so it is not similar to the new header and footer blue boxes, in
> that they are per
> page, this needs to be one box for the whole document)
>
> So what I need to know is in which control's Paint() method do I need to
> put the painting code for this?

i don't know, but the document content is painted from
SwRootFrm::Paint(), which therefore is a place where you should _not_
implement this (because everything in there depends on which part of the
document is currently displayed), but if you set a breakpoint there and
go a bit up the stack then perhaps you'll see a more suitable location...