a stab at removing atl stuff. window experience needed.

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 04:28:14 PDT 2012

In an effort to make building under windows a pain-free as possible. I'm
playing with removing the atl usage in embedserv seeing as MSVC2008
Express doesn't come with it.

voodoo-programming in embedserv using:
http://samscode.blogspot.com/2009/10/atl-removal-part-1-removing-begincommap.html

I end up with the attached.

a) I haven't a clue what embedserv even does, or how to test it ?
b) I see that we have...

CComModule _Module;
BEGIN_OBJECT_MAP(ObjectMap)
END_OBJECT_MAP()

_Module.Init(ObjectMap, hInstance, NULL);
_Module.Term();

because I'm clueless, I'm wondering if this even makes sense when we
have an empty OBJECT_MAP ?, or is still doing some necessary reference
counting of the module itself ? I mean we could follow
http://samscode.blogspot.com/2009/10/atl-removal-part-3-tackling-module-and.html and convert it over. But might be a bit silly to do that if its just some non-functional stub left over form some wizard generated code.

C.