Removed unused methods

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 06:13:58 PDT 2012

On 04/27/2012 02:54 PM, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Jesús Corrius píše v Čt 26. 04. 2012 v 15:52 +0200:
>> I have added a comment so it doesn't happen again:
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=34fe1bed19e4cf66500d7e7817eb251c42f8f439
>
> #ifdef WNT / #endif would be better

Would it really be better?  With our huge configuration matrix, I guess
there will always be functions left unused for some specific
configurations.  #ifdef'ing up the code to avoid that in general would
IMO not make the code better, but worse (by cluttering it with #ifdefs).

If a class has some generally-useful--looking member functions that
happen to only be used with certain configurations, I see nothing bad
with leaving them in unconditionally.  (Note, I have no idea whether the
given FontSelectPattern ctor qualifies.)

Stephan