[GSOC-UPDATE](02.08) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Thu Aug 2 13:12:01 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Today I implemented server discovery using multicast -- the client can
now successfully find the address of at least one server (once I get a
build working on my desktop I'll test that everything works when there
are two servers on the network).

Since osl Sockets don't appear to support multicast, the latest code on
the LO side involves plain C sockets, however it appears that the code
should be platform independent if the correct headers are imported.

I intend to try to rebase on master tomorow to allow me to test whether
that builds over the weekend (I want to do a full debug build as well).
Just to make sure: is git merge the correct command to use? (Git rebase
would mess up histories as far as I can tell?)

Cheers,

Andrzej