gerrit: Why 'verified'?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Aug 21 01:18:55 PDT 2012

Hi Bjoern,

On 2012-08-20 at 16:45 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> Also ideally in the end you will set the change to +2 codereview and a
> tinderbox later moves along and builds/tests the change. Once the tinderbox
> reports it is happy too, the change gets merged.

So it is more for some future work, at the moment it is more a usability
problem, as I see it, thanks for the explanation!

This is not the first gerrit interface UX problem I am unhappy about,
and would like to fix that (have a single radiobutton in the review
page, with the appropriate possibilities).

Not that I am that happy to hack gerrit, but I'd like to get my another
"favorite" one (the [Show All Unified]) resolved too, so - what is the
latest view on patching our gerrit instance?  Judging from our opengrok
instance (that we had to patch too), I am afraid using just the vanilla
one will not work in the long run.

Regards,
Kendy