'load' functions in cpp unittest - are they unused?

Korrawit Pruegsanusak detective.conan.1412 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 05:42:27 PDT 2012

Hello Caolán,

First, sorry for a late reply.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 23:19 +0700, Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> While I tried to create unittest with UNO API for fdo#47434 [1], I
>> came across a function 'load' defined in
>> sd/qa/unit/regression-test.cxx line #80:
>>
>>     virtual bool load( const rtl::OUString &rFilter, const
>> rtl::OUString &rURL, const rtl::OUString &rUserData);
>>
>> and the function code is defined in line #239-253. Also, opengrok [2]
>> showed this 'load' functions *seem* to be unused, because the result
>> shown only the function definitions, without function call.
>
> SdFiltersTest inherits from test::FiltersTest and that has a
> FiltersTest::testDir which calls recursiveScan which calls the virtual
> "load". In this specific case the SdFiltersTest::load isn't being used.
> But that's more an oversight and someone should get around to filling a
> dir like sw/qa/core/data/ww8 and do the same as SwFiltersTest::testCVEs
> for sd

Thanks for the info. :-)

Anyway, this sd/qa/unit/regression-test.cxx doesn't have 'testDir'
function. This 'testDir', though, is in sd/qa/unit/filters-test.cxx.

So, I browsed through each file in [1] and found that: the files that
have 'load' function will also have 'testDir'. *Except* only two
files:

    sd/qa/unit/regression-test.cxx (line #80)
    sc/qa/unit/subsequent_filters-test.cxx (line #246)

which I think they are unused. Is it ok to remove both of them?

[1] http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=load&project=core&defs=&refs=&path=-java+-idl+-osl+qa+cxx&hist=

Best Regards,
--
Korrawit Pruegsanusak