[ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.1 RC2 test builds available for smoketesting

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Aug 24 13:38:20 PDT 2012

Hi QA guys,

Thorsten Behrens píše v Pá 24. 08. 2012 v 17:11 +0200:

> If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report *critical*
> bugs not yet in bugzilla here, so we can incorporate them into the
> release notes. Please note that it takes approximately 24 hours to
> populate the mirrors, so that's about the time we have to collect
> feedback.

I have encountered an installation issue on Czech Windows XP SP3; during
the installation, the MS installer crashed with

"Instrukce na adrese 0x6eb16935 odkazovala na adresu paměti 0x013fde20.
S pamětí nelze provést operaci: written."

[something like "Instruction at address 0x6eb16935 referenced a memory
address 0x013fde20.  Failed to perform memory operation: written."]

message.  I deliberately copy it in my native language, because when I
tried to google for the addresses there, the only hit was:

http://answers.microsoft.com/cs-cz/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_install/msiexecexe-chyba-aplikace/05479c61-3125-4cb6-8523-51cbfde78139?msgId=650e7f51-0a27-439e-8df2-5a0cf77d25b1

that talks about other software having the same installation problem
too.

I suspect it is a MS Installer bug, because an upgrade of Microsoft
Installer to 4.5 solved that for me.  When I tried to replicate the
problem on another machine with Czech Windows XP SP3, I wasn't able to
do that, it just worked for me.

I am writing this to you more to have your attention when you get any
other such report, in that case I think we should try to work that
around; but I suspect there is some very rare condition that triggers
this, otherwise searching for 0x6eb16935 would give me more results ;-)

All the best,
Kendy