About numbertext

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 06:31:47 PST 2012

On 12/06/2012 03:23 PM, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 6 December 2012 14:40, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>> LO wants to download the prebuilt oxt from
>> <http://ooo.itc.hu/oxygenoffice/download/libreoffice/510117359dc91181ea06b4aa8582ed2c-numbertext-0.9.5.oxt>
>> (see LO's Makefile.fetch), so if somebody (Kami?) can put it there, that
>> would be the easiest.  I can adapt the single line setting
>> NUMBERTEXT_EXTENSION_PACK in LO's configure.ac then.
>
> Can't we just change this and use http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/src/ ?

My understanding is that Kami/OxygenOffice/ooo.itc.hu (whether and
however they are actually connected) are the only "real" consumers to
include that prebuilt numbertext oxt as a bundled extension in
installation sets.  As such, I think it is best to keep the sources
hosted at ooo.itc.hu or, if that does not work well, drop
--enable-ext-numbertext support from LO.

My stake in this is merely that I like to "misuse" the various
--enable-ext-* switches that appear to be there for the benefit of
OxygenOffice, to easily have some "real extensions as seen in the wild"
installed in the local builds I do, to see there are any problems with
them.  So if there is a cheap way to keep those --enable-ext-* switches
alive, I do not mind getting involved in some simple maintenance work
around them occasionally.  But, on the other hand, I would not cry if
they were gone for good, either.

Stephan