additional calc functions produce warnings

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Sat Dec 15 16:04:05 PST 2012

Hi tino,

On Friday, 2012-12-14 22:22:40 +0000, tino wrote:

> > Now I can see them with that obvious tip. Resource
> > RID_PRICING_DEFFUNCTION_NAME is empty in
> > scaddins/source/pricing/pricing.src
>
> Ah yes, thanks for that. I left that empty because I assumed this was
> optional and I didn't understand the point of it. It seemed something
> to do with translating function names (the other add-ins only
> contain a German translation and again the English version).

These were originally meant to be able to load Excel documents that for
some time were stored with localized function names (awkward silly
approach doomed to fail). Check for places in Calc code that call
GetExcelName() or GetCompNames() or getCompatibilityNames()

See also
http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sheet/XCompatibilityNames.html
http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sheet/LocalizedName.html

> In any case, the attached diff will get rid of the warnings. Don't
> know if it's ok to leave ItemList empty,

I'm not sure about that.. would need digging through all functions
mentioned above and their calls. Better at least have the en-US entry in
there.

> but at least no warnings are
> printed, except for
>
>  core/sfx2/source/control/dispatch.cxx:1477: Childwindow slot missing!
>
> which I guess is unrelated.

That's something different.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack