'make build-nocheck' failure

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:42:06 PST 2012

Hi,

Im running into a build error for which I cant find the root cause.
When after a 'make clean', I run configure and 'make build-nocheck', I
get the error listed below. I dont get it if I dont run a make clean
first (with a previous 'make build' finished without errors), and I
dont get it with a 'make build'. When I look at Makefile.top, the only
(intended) difference between the two seems to be the addition of
'export SKIP_TESTS := YES' for build-nocheck ?

Does anybody have an idea of what might be going wrong here ?

Regards,

John Smith.

[build CUS] sdext/pdfimport
touch: cannot touch
`/usr/local/src/libreoffice/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CustomTarget/sdext/pdfimport.done':
No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [/usr/local/src/libreoffice/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CustomTarget/sdext/pdfimport.done]
Error 1

        Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
  For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
            http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

  internal build errors:

ERROR: error 512 occurred while making /usr/local/src/libreoffice/tail_build/prj

 it seems that the error is inside 'tail_build', please re-run build
 inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix.

To rebuild a specific module:

make tail_build.clean # not recommended, this will re-build almost everything
make tail_build

when the problem is isolated and fixed, re-run 'make'
make[1]: *** [build-packimages] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/libreoffice'
make: *** [build-nocheck] Error 2