Cppcheck reports "reassign before using" variable in sw/source/core/doc/tblafmt.cxx

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Dec 20 05:32:47 PST 2012

On Thursday 20 of December 2012, julien2412 wrote:
> Thank you again Michael for your feedback.
>
> I know there are comments like FIXME, TODO in LO and certainly others but I
> don't know if there has been some formalism  (not too much since it could
> be very quickly unproductive) about this.
>
> So, since there are lots of tasks/bugs in LO, perhaps it could be useful to
> put a little formalism there to help to manage priorities, we could use
> Doxygen tag \todo
> Eg:
> /// \todo <priority> (priority {Low, High, To Define}), <changed by
> last_author> <date> Some (optional) text
> (it could be useful to add option sources too if exists:
> "cppcheck/Clang/pep8/etc.")
>
> Of course, it would be useful only if a basic report (with optionnaly some
> stats) + detailed report (with hyperlinks) can be quickly generated from
> Doxygen

 I doubt that would be useful, because, well, what value would it actually
bring beside formalism? Somebody's high priority is somebody else's low
priority. We have version control system for knowing who and when changed
something, and commit log or comments for why. So it's not really different
from plain '// TODO <optional comment>'. Besides, I think we've been cleaning
up the codebase from things like this for the last 2 years.

 So this solution first needs a problem it's supposed to solve, sorry.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz