[Libreoffice] postgresql bits in minutes of tech. steering call

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Feb 2 06:37:38 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 03:14:42PM +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 15/12/11 19:46, Michael Meeks wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 19:11 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>>> On this, someone said on the talk "we use only libc" (and I implicitly
>>> understood: in the binaries we distribute).

>> 	You have to be quite careful with claims from Fridrich, they are often
>> exaggerated for comic effect :-)

> a more accurate statement would be, we only use libraries that are in a
> sufficiently recent version in our baseline system, and which are
> available in ~all mainstream Linux distros.  iirc it was determined (but
> forgot where) that the Kerberos stuff also belongs to that category.

OK, then I'm enabling (in master) Kerberos for GNU/Linux by
default. I'm also enabling it in *BSD, since from browsing the source
repositories of Net/Free/OpenBSD, libkrb5 is included in their basic
sources (not in the ports, in the sources themselves).

Not enabling it in DragonFly, since it seems there it is in a port.

--
Lionel