[Libreoffice] LibO 3.5RC2: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::registry::InvalidRegistryException'

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 01:41:03 PST 2012

On 02/06/2012 10:00 AM, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Stephan Bergmann píše v Pá 03. 02. 2012 v 22:10 +0100:
>> Petr, the best approach might be to build the "official" Linux LO
>> installation sets with explicit --with-system-stdlibs, so that the
>> installation sets do not bring along their own libgcc_s.so.1 and
>> libstdc++.so.6.  If the installation sets are built on a sufficiently
>> old baseline system, it should be a pretty safe bet that each box on
>> which they are installed bring along sufficiently new versions of those
>> libs as part of the system.
>
> Hmm, I am a bit scared to do such change at this stage. I am not sure
> if the stdlibs are 100% backward compatible, it there are not
> disabled some features on some crazy systems.

They *should* be backwards compatible since a very long time.  But sure,
one never knows...

 > Note that we already have 3.5.0-rc3
> which is supposed to be final.

Yes, we should most probably not risk another rc for this issue.

> One possibility would be to try system stdlibs in daily builds. Ask
> people for testing. If we do not get any complains, we could try this
> with 3.5.1`bug fix release that should get release 4 weeks from now.

Yes, sounds good.  It would probably be good to have the packages
contain explicit dependencies on libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1.  Then
again, not sure they are in like-named packages across distros
(libstdc++ and libgcc, resp., for Fedora, for example), and whether we
do that for any other system dependencies of our packages, anyway.  We
can discuss this on TSC this week.

Stephan