How to compile Calc

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Feb 7 06:42:45 PST 2012

> I have check out a new copy of calc libreoffice-3-4 project

There is no separate Calc "project" that one could build. You have
been mislead by the fact that we used to have the source code split up
in a bunch of separate Git repositories, one being called "calc". That
doesn't man one would be able to use just the "calc" repository to
build just Calc.

> There are 4 sub project inside calc project.

There are four *subdirectories*. Your use of the word "project" is slightly odd.

> May I know how should I compile
> in order to have the calc program up?

Calc is not a separate program.

Firstly, before helping you any further, you should tell us what it is
that you actually want to achieve. Do you want to fix some bug or do
other improvements? Work on some feature? Or what?

Only after you have told that can we tell you whether it indeed makes
sense for you to build LibreOffice 3.4, or whether you should work on
the upcoming 3.5 version's code, or on the "master" development
branch. (The source code for these is no longer split up into separate
Git repositories.)

Anyway, welcome to working on LibreOffice, and hopefully your initial
confusion will quickly be resolved and you can get on with hacking!

--tml