PATCH build errors on Ubuntu 10.04

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Wed Feb 8 05:11:18 PST 2012

On 2012-02-08 14:54, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Seriously, if someone can't install doxygen when configure errors out
> because doxygen is not there...

The list of things to do for building LO is pretty steep for a first
timer.  Individually it may not seem like much, but when you've gone
back to searching wiki pages and google for the 20th time, it gets
frustrating.
It took me 3 weeks of part-time hacking and googling and asking
questions on the mailing list to get LO to build.
And considerably longer before I had something that would actually run.

Perhaps the configure process could just automatically add the correct
"--without" flags if the relevant packages are not present?

-- Noel Grandin