Android design?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 8 09:35:13 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 18:18 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> > 	Otherwise, some good ideas there. Do we have excitable people wanting
> > to do UI work in Java - that we can plug together with the core in due
> > course ? it'd be great to parallelise that work.
>
> Hey Michael I would love to do some UI work in java, and odd as it
> sounds its something i rather enjoy doing.

	Sounds good, though there will be rather few cycles for mentoring on
this I'm afraid.

> What does one need to get goign with being able to do the UI work?

	I guess you'd need an android development environment - get one setup,
compile and build some samples on your own, and then consider what
minimal UI is required for a viewer, start hacking on it, and when you
have something worth re-using send a patch :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.