[RFC] x11 / cairo-less build try #2

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:11:15 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

Il 08/02/2012 16:37, Michael Meeks ha scritto:
> Hi Riccardo,
>
> On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 18:19 +0100, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
>> I've progressed a bit with X11 / cairo less build. Now everything builds
>> but somethings chokes in make dev-install:
>
> 	As Matus says, you'll need to add some conditionals to the scp2 stuff -
> both in the makefile.mk's (or you can update SCPDEFS as generated by
> configure.in), and to add #ifndef HEADLESS's around the place there :-)
>
> 	When you've done that a rm -Rf unxlngi6.pro ; build&&  deliver in scp2
> - before re-running make install is prolly what you want to do.

Fixed this issue but now something failing in scp2 during dev-install:

... installing module gid_Module_Root_Files_Images ...
DestDir:
Rootpath: /home/rm/src/libo/solver/unxlngx6.pro/installation/opt
:
[error snip]

Does this means that gid_Module_Root_Files_Images is breaking or is it
the next one?

> 	The Library_vcl.mk is becoming a bit of a rats-nest of cut/paste, I
> wonder if we can chunk up the common files into another variable that we
> can re-use in these different per-platform sections; I appreciate
> everyone else just munged it but ... ;-)

I'll take a look at it.

> 	I'm surprised we need to disable lingucomponent, linguistic,
> lotuswordpro, oovbaapi, vbahelper and wizards to build headless: of
> course, quite probably we don't want at least some of those - but did
> they really cause build issues ?

Quite the opposite, removing them cause build issues :)

> 	Otherwise, it looks rather sane really :-)

Nice!

>> A couple of tests has been disabled because of "no suitable windowing
>> system found, exiting.\n" error from
>> vcl/unx/generic/plugadapt/salplug.cxx::CreateSalInstance(). And i
>> suppose the same error will bite me when i'll try yo run what i have
>> compiled.
>
> 	Oh - that is odd. Do you really want to create the plugadapt instance ?
> or have your own headless instance (mirroring a cut down version of the
> Android one perhaps ?).

It looks it is needed by vcl/headless/{svpdata.cxx,svmain.cxx,svapp.cxx}
. vcl does not build anymore if i remove vcl/unx/generic/plugadapt/salplug.

> 	Of course, it is necessary to have the vcl/headless/ stuff connected up
> somewhere, we'll still  need SalFrames in order to post events, and some
> sort of event loop to run the app, but it shouldn't be hard to get a
> really simple bitmap-rendering version in there.

Will think about that when i'll finally have a build.

Thanks a lot!

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti