Hosting LibreOffice online

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Fri Feb 10 00:00:27 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 20:23 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 12:56 -0500, drew wrote:
> > Hope you don't mind.
>
> 	Of course not ! :-)
>
> > Added Micheal's repo to SuseStudio.
>
> 	Neat.
>
> > From within an OpenSUSE 12.1 (32bit) vm project, go to the Software tab,
> > click on Add repository and enter the name: mm-gtk3
>
> 	I hope it'll get out there as a 12.1 update shortly and the problem
> will go away.
>
> > That adds the repo to your project, then you can add individual packages
> > as needed, as usual.
> >
> > ok, could of come up with a better name, I suppose ;)
>
> 	:-) didn't you have a nice database test / VM image that had a master
> build environment ? or at least all the dependencies for that ? I guess
> it'd be good to link that from Andor's wiki page as/when he has it
> working - and there's nothing like having a LibreOffice window, in a
> browser window, inside a virtual-machine window, inside another
> (test-drive) browser I suspect ;-)

I did use the service to generate a number of VM's, yes - not sure it
really made sense for just a straight build system, for most people, as
oo one downloaded it other then me :) have used the service to make
others though with pre-built stuff, and some even get played with from
time to time.

But I did want to make one just for the LOOL purpose.
so here it is http://susestudio.com/a/NfE1GU/lool-test

A basic lamp server(Apache, postgres, no gui) included the C++, Java and
Python development patterns from the SuseSTUDIO service, added the other
LibO dependencies as needed (well, not libGL for the moment), didn't
include a source code tarball (could I suppose)

Anyway - installed it here, under virtualbox, and it's been chugging
along for awhile on the first build - what I'd like to do is to, after
the build, put a version up with everything pre-installed, pull it down
and have it just start out of the box (no build required)..but later on
that I suppose.

@Andor I don't know if any of this would interest you, if so that would
be great I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,