New tool for better understanding the codebase, to complement the wiki.

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Feb 10 07:59:00 PST 2012

Josh Heidenreich wrote:
> You can see the result here:
> http://thejosh.info/libreoffice/module_readmes/

So, wow again for this great work - I couldn't resist, and merged
that up with the existing doxygen documentation, result is here:

 http://docs.libreoffice.org/

That stuff is currently generated by a little shell script - I'm not
particularly attached to it, and wouldn't mind perl or python there,
but php so far is not used throughout the build system, maybe we can
avoid it here, too?

At any rate, rather ugly conversion of your beautiful php into bash
attached.

Should we go for perl/python, how about using one of the readily
available markdown modules for README html-ization?

(http://search.cpan.org/~bobtfish/Text-Markdown-1.000031/lib/Text/Markdown.pm
and http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Markdown)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten