Faster installation suggestion

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Feb 10 08:06:30 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 08:08 +0100, Wim de Lange wrote:
> I was always wondering why it takes so long to calculate how much
> space is needed, while I have space enough!!!

	Good question; do you have a UI string from that section so we can try
to dig out the code that's doing it ? :-)

> The suggestion, check if there is at least 40Gb (or any other minimum
> amount) free on the installation location and if so, skip the
> calculation of how much space is needed.

	Sure, I guess you'd need to get a windows build setup to hack on this;
Andras is prolly the best person to get some code pointers from, and
hang out on IRC to get help with the inevitable build problems ;-)
[ prolly best to build from libreoffice-3-5-0 I guess ].

	All the best,

		Michael.