OK to get rid of scaddins?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 03:38:30 PST 2012

On 13/02/12 12:31, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Do we really need to keep "analysis" and "date" as separate shared
> libraries? Would it be OK to move their source code over to the "sc"
> module, and merge their objects into the "sc" library, and their
> ..component files into sc.component?

is that really necessary?
the sc, sd, sw libraries already take forever to link with full debug,
and adding more stuff to them would also impact startup performance for
the respective application.

(of course i don't care if you do it for a special "merged libs" mode,
but C++ development is already a sufficiently unproductive activity that
we shouldn't make it even more so...)