sfx2 deprecated?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 13 04:06:48 PST 2012

Hi there,

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 11:22 +0100, Winfried Donkers wrote:
> I just started working on the 45671-bug series that Astron created to
> split a lot of color-toolbar buttons. (thank you, Astron)

	Lovely ! :-)

> The toolbar buttons are derived from SfxToolBoxControl.

	Great; I assume there is an existing sub-class used by those buttons
that already are split buttons, and that much of the work is tweaking
those call sites that use the old (non-split) button (?).

> In the module readmes (haven't found out yet if there is a better
> link) I read at sfx2 that  This is the gui code, much of which is now
> deprecated. .

	Ah - don't worry about that :-) sfx2's README is somewhat out of date;
I'll update it in a bit.

> Does that mean that it would be better if I use a different base class
> to make split buttons with for writer, calc, draw? If so, advise is
> highly appreciated.

	Nope - you're fine :-) and I guess re-using the existing split button
control there is what's required; I guess you can dig that out from eg.
writer where we have it for 'font color' etc. ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.