windows / cygwin build freezes using --with-lang=it [SOLVED]

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 13 09:13:49 PST 2012

Hi Walter,

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 15:19 +0100, walter wrote:
> Using a different autogen.sh configuration all work fine and the build
> process generate the following installer:

	Great :-) glad to hear that.

> I don’t know if the problem was jobs=8, cpu=8 or not using ‘—
> disable-binfilter’.

	Windows building is notoriously unpleasant; this is one reason why we'd
love to cross-compile everything from linux as/when that's possible.

	Back in the day, Kai Backmann - after much debugging gave up and
inserted 'cooling down sleeps' into his build after each major module -
to stop the CPU wedging ;-) which seemed to improve his reliability.
Having said that - it is supposed to be a lot better these days.

	But - who knows - Fridrich is the chap to grab on IRC to compare notes
with.

	All the best,

		Michael.