OK to get rid of scaddins?

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 12:28:04 PST 2012

Hi Tor,

On Monday, 2012-02-13 13:31:11 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> Do we really need to keep "analysis" and "date" as separate shared
> libraries? Would it be OK to move their source code over to the "sc"
> module, and merge their objects into the "sc" library, and their
> .component files into sc.component?

Actually I'm glad that these are not lumped together under sc. They also
serve as an entry point for people who want to develop their own set of
UNO Add-In functions. If this is for the mere library count limited on
Android I'd prefer if there was a mechanism that allowed to link those
objects in only on that platform.

> Probably the code that refers to them could be simplified a bit then,
> too, but that I don't know how to do.

I don't see easy simplification there even if we merged them.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD