New tool for better understanding the codebase, to complement the wiki.

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Feb 13 23:31:41 PST 2012

Josh Heidenreich wrote:
> Also, does it update after every commit? And does a change to the
> generator do an update too?

Hi Josh,

nope, it's a manual process that I run every once in a while.
Doxygen itself is rather heaviweight, so you really don't want to
run that on a server, let alone for every commit.

Since the stuff typically contained in readmes (and for what I, and
possibly others, mainly use the doxygen docs for) is rather
high-level, it should be comparatively stable -

that said, clever tools for hackers are always appreciated here.
Just, if possible, use a local git repo directly, and avoid cgit.
It's causing fdo much less load.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten