sal / gcc conditionals ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 03:41:55 PST 2012

On 02/13/2012 06:45 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> * cppu/inc/cppu/macros.hxx:
> 	CPPU_GCC3_ALIGN - uh ?
>
> 	I assume this should be just CPPU_GCC_ALIGN and with only one
> definition in today's world ?

We still need two versions of the define, one for __GNUC__ and one for
others.  The name can remain CPPU_GCC3_ALIGN IMO---after all, the ABI
for that UNO binding is still known as "GCC3" in UNO land.

> * sal/inc/rtl/instance.hxx:
> 	#if (__GNUC__>= 4)
>
> 	Do we need all those conditionals ? or do we want a
>
> 	#if defined (__GCC__) there ?

Ah no, these should actually be conditional on HAVE_THREADSAFE_STATICS;
fixed now as
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3073b539d28a4ea29347e8060e19dda080c5d13b>.

> * sal/inc/sal/config.h
>
> 	We have a conditional for SAL_ISO_CONST, but do we ever even use that
> thing ? :-) if not, can we just drop it ? breaks source compat, but ...
> if we didn't use it ;-)

Yup, guess that can go completely for good.

Stephan