Help authoring

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Feb 15 23:23:29 PST 2012

Hi Stanislav,

Stanislav Horáček píše v St 15. 02. 2012 v 23:24 +0100:

> Yes, I would like to be involved, supposing that someone could check my suggestions (my English is
> not good enough for that).

Great!  So I think for proof-reads of the texts, you could CC:
documentation at global.libreoffice.org [warning, it is a list doing
though I am not 100% sure how much the documentation guys are used to
working with patches.

The other possibility is to rely only on the proof-read during
application of the patch which I actually think is enough for the
start :-)

>  Is there any coordination of such things like assigning of needed tasks,
> checking etc?

No coordination at the moment, the help format is tangled enough to keep
people away from touching it ;-)  That means - feel free to improve
whatever you consider outdated / broken / not fitting the purpose, and
you have high chances that you'll quickly become expert in the area of
help, and actually you will be coordinating what has to be done there.

Regarding the help in general, I would love to switch to a system where
we could author help in much friendlier format, like mediawiki markup,
but unfortunately we are not there yet.  http://help.libreoffice.org is
the start of the effort, but we still only generate that from what is in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help + translations.

Looking forward to more patches from you! :-)

Regards,
Kendy