R: Building LibreOffice on Windows

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Feb 16 09:40:35 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 18:24 +0100, walter wrote:
> My only problem is knowing whether to invest my time in 'cygwin' or Linux.
> I need to build a customized version, and the new code will be returned to
> the community

	It depends what you want to achieve. If you want to get a bug fixed
that is not Windows specific, your quickest and easiest route is to
build inside a Linux virtual machine.

	Otherwise - you get to try to configure a windows machine with cygwin,
and just the right mix / versions of the compilers etc. and this will
take a man day+ to get right :-) Because it is proprietary OS,
compilers, downloads etc. we can't do ~anything to make that easier for
you (which sucks). Of course, the more people that build on windows, the
better it will become (to some limit caused by the above) - so help
appreciated.

	Anyhow - welcome to the project & I look forward to seeing your work /
helping you out with some code pointers.

	HTH,

		Michael.