Weird entries in SOLARLIB

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 05:05:23 PST 2012

On 17 February 2012 13:05, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
> I wonder what the -L../lib that is put into SOLARLIB for many
> platforms is supposed to refer to?

I believe it is (was) for dmake modules to refer to <module>/$INPATH/lib
This could be still needed, but if Mac OS X does not need this, there
is no reason for any other platform.

> And why -L$SRC_ROOT/solenv/$OUTPATH/lib is put there two times in some cases,
> when it probably is not needed at all?

Indeed I think this can be removed for all platforms.

> For Mac OS X, SOLARLIB contains *only*
> -L$SRC_ROOT/solver/${OUTPATH}${PROEXT}/lib, and it seems to work out
> fine. Would that be enough for all platforms?

It should, keeping things like:
if test "$SYSTEM_MOZILLA" = "YES" ; then
    SOLARLIB="$SOLARLIB -L$MOZ_LIB"
fi

Matus