[REVIEW] Null pointer passed as an argument to a 'nonnull' parameter in vcl/unx/generic/app/i18n_wrp.cxx

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 06:05:42 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 10:53 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > So I would suggest to remove that code wholesale.
>
> Hmm, but was this code used on Solaris? Have we already removed some
> functionality needed (or at least useful) on Solaris then?

I doubt it, solaris had moved to a GNOME desktop by default, more or
less, when I left Sun and last used solaris and all of this is
irrelevant under the gtk vclplug.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to retain direct support for one
archaic Input Mechanism which has been superseded, a few time over by
now, by a series of new IMs. IIIMP support probably shouldn't have been
made solaris-specific in the first place as e.g. fedora had it in up
until Fedora 5 in 2006 or so.

In fact we should probably go so far as to drop the "generic" vcl plug
altogether and just have the gtk and kde ones.

C.