Building LibreOffice on Windows

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Feb 17 08:22:43 PST 2012

> Projects like this have to
> battle the "embrace, extend, extinguish" philosophy of commercial interests.

What makes you think only commercial entities have that philosophy? As
far as I know Linux, also embraces and extends POSIX, for instance,
and has more or less managed to extinguish quite many competing POSIX
operating systems at least in the desktop market space.

Many of the most active LibreOffice developers do their work for
companies that are driven by commercial interests by definition.

(Sorry for ranting, but it irritates me if people think Linux
companies aren't driven by the same commercial interests as "evil"
proprietary software companies... )

--tml