dereference of a null pointer in xmlsecurity/source/xmlsec/nss/xmlencryption_nssimpl.cxx

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 17 12:59:38 PST 2012

Hello,

Llvm compiler brings a lot of useful info about potential problems.
Here again a message I caught from clang :
/home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libo/xmlsecurity/source/xmlsec/nss/xmlencryption_nssimpl.cxx:152:26:
warning: Access to field 'parent' results in a dereference of a null pointer
(loaded from variable 'pEncryptedData')
    xmlNodePtr pParent = pEncryptedData->parent;
1 warning generated.

By taking a look at the file, we can see that pEncryptedData is never
initialized in encrypt function (at the contrary of decrypt function).
Then I took a look at git history and it seems IMHO there has been merge
confusion.

Julien