Building LibreOffice on Windows

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Feb 19 04:12:11 PST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:14:28AM -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > If at all possible, rather run Ubuntu (or some other Linux distro)
> > inside a VMWare virtual machine on your Windows desktop.
>
> Don't forget openSUSE and Fedora.  We have quite a number of core
> developers from both of these distros, so it's fair to mention these
> (not just always Ubuntu).

Lets not forget that there are Debian, gentoo, *BSD and other developers
contributing to upstream too, once we get into the
lets-not-forget-other-distros-mode.

Apart from that, this is indeed not the best place to ask for the best/easiest
distro to use as -- beside the bikeshedding and flamewar potential because of
personal priorities -- all paid developers have their loyality tied to the
product of their employer in some loose or tight fashion.

As we all get LibreOffice build on our distros, there really is no specially
suited distro for building LibreOffice and your choice should be based on your
prefered desktop environment, package management, installer experience etc.
All of that would be offtopic here ;)

Best,

Bjoern