About Boost 1.48

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sun Feb 19 04:36:10 PST 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 01:41:59PM -0800, julien2412 wrote:
> I saw that boost package used by LO sources by default was the 1.44 version.
> On debian testing pc x86-64 (with Boost 1.48) and by using
> --with-system-boost in the autogen options, it compiled ok. I thought there
> would be some things to do in order to compile, did i miss anything ? :-)

Yes:

- 3.4.5 had a build fix for boost 1.48, before it didn't build anymore
  (see http://bugs.debian.org/652784 and the mentioned fdo bug)
- you missed http://bugs.debian.org/652681 because you tried it after
  the fixed version entered testing :-)

But it's normal that the internal copy of LO is outdated. See also icu :-)
(Or nss, which might let all distros run into a bug which noone using internal
nss has...)

Regards,

Rene