libmerged and related thoughts

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 15:31:12 PST 2012

Hi Michael, Tor

On 17 February 2012 18:36, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
>        Well, I'm building and running with it myself on Linux; so far it seems
> that libmergedlo.so is only 5.1Mb - which surprises me, since my libsvx*
> are both rather huge.

It has ~28 MB for me now.

>        As/when we have really a lot of code in there, I was going to poke Jan
> H. again to see if we could borrow some more of his cycles wrt. LTO on
> it - but for that I'd like to have something impressive ;-) "world's
> biggest shared library" is nearly that (perhaps).
>
>        Anyhow - that was my plan ;-)

:) nice
So, I have added more and fixed component dependency issue with
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b1a87ca7840ab4ed17e8a775fcd4726c2fc5b75d

But I am not able to build LibreOffice with recent gcc 4.7. I don't
know if the problem is in gcc, LibreOffice or me.
It fails in testtools/source/bridgetest/ and I think also later in
some unittests.

>        Thoughts ?

Maybe we could add also vcl ? Its makefile is ugly but it's quite large.
When I tried it I got multiple definitions of 'main' in:
desktop/source/app/main.o
svx/source/dialog/sendreportunx.o

And do we still want only libraries needed at start there ?
Maybe we could merge fwm and fwl only for Android and I guess more can
go there in Android, not start-library case too.

Matus