Disappearing graphics in Write: where to look (bug 33393)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 20 08:05:41 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 16:27 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> thanks for picking this one up.
> Now with 3.5 out in the wild, reports of people loosing data appear. I
> would like to propose this issue as *blocker* for 3.5.1 .. nothing less.

	Having a well formed, and reproducible bug report would be rather
useful :-)

	Having said that, the graphics object thing is an unbelievably bad
pre-existing mess, the idea of holding string pointers to images, with
no well thought through, and/or defined lifecycle mechanism is really
poisonous. Still - we have another week before 3.5.1 if we can get some
steps to reproduce it.

	All the best,

		Michael.