RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM: cleanup wanted?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Feb 21 14:24:15 PST 2012

On Tuesday 21 of February 2012, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 02/21/2012 09:29 PM, Chr. Rossmanith wrote:
> > during code cleanup I came across badly readable
> > RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("bla") lines. I could replace them with
> > "bla" which should be possible with Lubos patch removing the need for
> > "The macro"...
>
> But Lobos's patch is not yet in?

 No, it's not yet in, but I intend to push it soon, given that there's been no
more discussion.

 Still, I want to be careful with such change that may affect pretty much
everything, I intend to clean up first only some small places to see how it
goes in practice, so please don't go with any mass removals for the time
being.

> (And it would only remove the need for
> RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM in rtl::OUString constructors, not everywhere.)

 Everywhere, eventually. If it can work for ctors, it should work everywhere
else too.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz