Disappearing graphics in Write: where to look (bug 33393)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 22 07:55:59 PST 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 09:37 -0500, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
> My little carries (My 3 year old, six year old, and my wife) have
> managed to pass on to me their illness so I have been sleeping a lot
> rather than trying to nail this one down as well. I do appreciate the
> pointers so that I can take a look as well.

	Sorry to hear that. I keep pushing things into the bug.

> Yesterday, I had all of the graphics disappear out of a file when I
> chose to save as a DOCX file. I wonder if this is related. I expect not
> since save as DOC file worked just fine.

	Well - I think it's pretty clear that there are issues with storing
meta-files, though the only bustage I can see is in having them renamed
underneath you when saving them as ODF - AFAICS any save as ODF of that
document, whether auto-save or not will destroy the document model &
hence any subsequent save will not have images in it.

	HTH,

		Michael.