RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM: cleanup wanted?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Feb 22 08:24:03 PST 2012

On Wednesday 22 of February 2012, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Of course, it would be even more wonderful, if, with some
> template-magic, we could generate static rtl_uString structures that
> would end up in the .rodata section, and got heap allocated only when
> copied, with utf-8 -> UCS2 conversion on during a (reasonable time)
> compile ;-) but that's a pipe-dream I suspect.

 That appears not to be doable without macros, as string literal contents are
not compile-time constants because whatever reason, so it appears there's no
way they can make it into .rodata.

 It is doable with a macro [*], but then we're back at the beginning of this
RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM discussion.

[*] http://www.macieira.org/blog/2011/07/qstring-improved/

--
 Lubos Lunak